It started as an innocent drink between old friends when Meat Master found me distraught on the big city streets of Toronto (ladies, he’s a catch and a half). Then, combined with Hot & Cheesy’s outrage at Cheez Whiz-inspired nachos from The Bedford Academy and her dedication to raising awareness for social injustice (please join her anti-skateboarding gang task force) and finally, Sauce Queen’s up-for-anything attitude, bossiness and superior blogging skills (check out her future vintage blog: Syncopated Sound). Together, we became the Nacho Bullies. We are the Nacho Bullies (nearly Not-chyo-Grandma’s-Nacho-BlogTM).
The reason for my nostalgia, loyal followers, is that this is our last blog post with Sauce Queen. Which means it is probably our last blog post ever because the rest of don’t know how to use WordPress. She is crossing the pond to sit at pubs and charm British men – and maybe further her career at the same time.
Whatever, peace Rob.
In other news, Hot & Cheesy and Meat Master are planning a spin-off nacho/thriller blog series entitled: The Girl with the Nacho Tattoo….based on a true story! Stay tuned.
Now onto the nachos:
This week our perfect-for-restaurants table of four grew to a banquet sized table of twelve. Tagging along were McGill alumni Jeff McIntosh and Rahil Gulamhusein, future doctors Samantha Young, Peter Dixon, Madi Dennis and Robert Mitchell.
and your neighbourhood friendly gasman Leah Rose.
Meat Master selected Nirvana after I nixed his first choice Mexican Salsas because I wanted a drink. Sue me. Unfortunately for Meat Master, despite the addition of a few more gentlemen this time round, he still had little to no say in any decisions made over the course of the evening.
The review this week was compiled by our medical leaders of tomorrow. Simple and straight to the point.
- Layering not good
- Burnt chips
- Love the jalapeños
- Feeling the olives “there better not be a pit in that” no pit
- Hard to integrate the nacho bites!
- “Someone spilt salsa in the sc”
- The chips themselves are solid
- “I don’t hate them” – Leah
- “The guac is a bit creamy” – Sam
- “These nachos were nothing to write home about, but I wouldn’t kick them out of bed” – Becky
- 2 orders not enough for 6 people. Fucked.
- “The nachos are a metaphor for something fucked” – Rob
- “They’re your average nachos. They aren’t claiming to be anything. And they aren’t anything ” – Ben
- Mitchell wouldn’t eat these nachos
- “I actually quite liked them. The chips were just the right amount of greasy”
- “They have a nacho blog so we ate nachos”
- “Then I ordered pad Thai”
Thanks for the flowery essay you guys.
See you on the flip side.